Tuesday, July 5, 2011

So one of my favorite subjects to talked about is food. While at the beach last month we ate out at different places. Over the next few weeks I think I'm going to review those places we ate at. So enjoy and I hope I don't make you hungry.

The first day at the beach we were deciding on where to go eat dinner. The beach we go to does this thing in the afternoon with air planes. They do these fly byes pulling a banner behind them advertising the local restaurants. Like the good Christian I am when I see a message in the sky, I figured it was God telling us where to go eat. This time God was telling us to go to Bubba's Seafood. My wife and I had discovered we had an advantage over most people at the beach. A table for two sits quicker than a table of 4 or more. So our wait was quick. I was a little worried when the hostess ask us if we prefer inside or outside. I don't like sharing my food with bugs, so I said inside. The hostess said there was no wait for outside but there would be a wait for inside. I asked how long of a wait. She said (follow along carefully with this) “Only a minute to wipe off a table.” So again I said we would like to be seated inside. By this time a manager came along and said “Do they know there is no waiting on the outside.” Followed by another hostess that said “Their table on the inside is now ready.” That conversation wasted 2 minutes of my life.

So we get to our table and get our drinks. I have a general rule when my wife and I eat somewhere that we have never been. We each order something different so we can try each others food. One of the advantages of being married is that you get to eat off of two plates. My wife got the shrimp platter and I got the captain's plate. It was a mixture of fish, shrimp, scallops, crab cakes, and fries. All I can say is, thank you Lord for sending me there. I took a few bites of my fish to give it a try and was very happy. I then took a deep breath and went at it, looking up a few times to acknowledge my wife’s presence. It was extremely good and when we go back to the beach next year I will be reacquainting myself with Bubba again.

The next morning when we were going to the beach and we were headed toward the ocean. I notice a man over my shoulder taking pictures of me. Knowing the he was not wanting pictures of my physique, I turned around to see what he was really taking a picture of. Just a few feet from where we were standing was a shark. It was either a little 4 foot shark or a baby shark swimming in water that came up to my knees. Fearing that he knew I ate some of his relatives the night before or that I had the sent of fish on me from eating half of the ocean, I quickly got my wife and I out of the water as fast as my bloated stomach could go. I had my sketch pad on me at the time so this is a dramatization of what I saw. We went back in the water when the shark left, I kept glancing up in the sky, hoping to see another sign from God on where to go eat next.

No comments:

Post a Comment