Thursday, November 18, 2010

McRib

When I was a bachelor, I would tell people I had my own four food groups; Cereal, Pizza, Fast Food, and Snack Cakes (preferably Little Debbie). Not only because did they taste great, but also the convenience of preparing them. I would typically prefer to just pull through the nearest drive thru window on the way home. I sometime think that if you add McDonald’s fries to any meal, it will taste better. The golden arches will forever be a part of American culture. But I also became a decent cook during those years of single living, so good in fact I developed, what I consider, a good taste in food. Here is a little cooking tip; take the packet of the cheese powder from the Mac N’ Cheese and add it to your popcorn. Now that’s gourmet.

So as much as I would love to hang out with Ronald McDonald for the day, I have to disagree with some of his menu items. I do love the Chicken McNuggets, but you do have to wonder what part of the chicken they come from and if it is in fact all chicken. Really if you think about it, when was the last time you heard someone call them by the full name of Chicken McNuggets, even kids just ask for McNuggets. My dad use to say they taste like cardboard. But if you add enough ketchup and barbeque sauce, anything will taste good.

So I guess when McDees thinks about the Holidays they think ribs, because the McRib is back. I saw this on the sign going to work, “We’re Thankful that the McRib is back.” This is the true definition of McFake. Think about the last time you had ribs. What is part of the ribs? The bone! The RIB BONE! Some how, and I think it was that big purple thing they call Grimace, McDees has produce some sort of animal that does not have a rib bone. If you look at the sandwich it will appear it has the shape of some rib bones, but it is all meat, I think. That can’t be natural, nor is it good. I have a theory that if you take all the sauce off of the McRib and compared it to the McNugget, it would be the same substance. Other than their hamburgers, the clown really does not serve meat. They serve McShapes, they put this substance in some sort of Play Doh machine and if it looks like something, they grill it or deep fry it and serve it to the public. You know why they can get away with this? Because they have the whole country addicted to their fries. I don’t care what you put in the bag just make sure you give me the biggie size fries. And a Diet coke, I’m watching my weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment